Mr. P

Mr. P

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dating

If you ever have been around me you would know that the subject of dating is one that I have very strong opinions about.

First off, I am not married so its not like I am an expert on things but their are some ideas that I wish people would just understand.

Last week I was talking to a young man that I will not name and I asked, Who are you going to take on a date this week? He answered, "I dont know of any girls that would want to go on a date with me?" SO GUYS, if you have these same thoughts I just want you to know that they are really retarted as I could count about over 1000 girls that would want to go on a date with you. (I dont really know of 1000 girls by name but I still know that their are plenty of girls who would drop pretty much anything to go on a date)

To go along with this, just because guys might think that their are no girls who would want to go on a date with them, that is the point of dating. Most girls will not turn down a first date and than after the first of 2nd date is really when the girls start thinking if they want to continue going on a date with you. THIER IS NO HARM to a first date.

Now for the girls about this subject of first dates. Please DONT OVER THINK THINGS. If a guy asks you on a date, it does mean we are interested but it DOES NOT MEAN, that we are planning marriage, thinking of ring shopping or naming our first kid. Just relax and have a good time and than feel things out from the date. Also unless the guy is a 100 percent creeper, atleast say yes on the first date.

On my last evening of the mission my Mission President spoke on dating, (It would be a miracle and a sin if they didnt). President Bullock stated that one thing that has really blessed his dating life is that he has take time out of his busy life to go on atleast one date for the rest of his life. This includes when he was pursuing to date, dating someone, engaged and married.

I have tried putting this to practice and it has been great. Since my mission, (Not counting the time in Fallon when their were no one to go on dates with) I have only missed 3 weeks of going on atleast one date. This has really helped me realize how much fun dating is and also helps me take the nervousness out of dating.

So you married people out their, try to take time out of your busy family life to do something if at all possible with just you and your spouse. President Bullock mentioned this could be going food shopping, watching a movie, playing a game or reading a book. It does not have to be fancy. Well like I mentioned I am not married, so back to the single life of me and other singles.

Since I have gone on atleast one date a week and many times 2 or 3 I have noticed that dating is a number game. Its not about how many dates I go on but with taking out more girls it is so much easier to really see the type of girl that I want to pursue. Just think that the more dates I go on, the more likely their is one that really interests me. Latly I have been dates with a Ball Room dancer, future Librarian, Swimmer, Someone that loves politics, someone that hates politics. Basically what I am saying is that it doesnt matter who they are and what they like its how they are.

Lastly I would like to compare dating in England to dating in Provo. I have noticed that the singles that I worked with in the UK really understand their position in dating. With about 100 YSA in one area they realize that is the pool they have to pick from and no matter how small it is they know they have to deal with it. They are very successful and happy in their dating and a lot of them do get married.

Compairing this to Provo with about 150 youth in one ward and I know of hundreds of wards. Many people go on dates and just think, "Their must be someone better". Our pool of singles seems to be to big as we sometimes think that our special someone is still out their. I am not saying to quickly get married to anyone but I am saying that dating simply is not happening many times as people think to much. With this the church has stated and I know that their is not just one person out their that we can each get with.

Basically to step off my soap box, as you could tell I am passionate about the subject. I am not married so I have not experience the whole path myself but I do feel that if we just open our eyes, realize their are people out their wanting to date and I am sick and tired of guys putting vidoe games over the wonder beuatiful girls waiting for them.

OH THE JOY OF DATING LIFE

Jacob Perazzo

2 comments:

  1. So I need to respond to some comments that I have received since posting this blog.

    I mentioned that their were no girls in Fallon to go on a date with after my mission. Of all the singles that are from Fallon 98% of them were all out of town for school as I got back from my mission in October right in the middle of Fall Semester.

    Its the other 2% that most people were speaking about and yes I should of and still should take them on dates at some point. I might not of had such an open mind to the subject in October but your comments helped me take a small diffrent approach to the subject.

    So I will gladly accept the comments and dont worry I take them all with a smile.

    I am glad that my post got some comments and I hope that some people could continue to add to the overall discussion of dating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your comments but here is mine... learn the difference between "their" and "there"!

    I agree that people put way too much pressure on dating... it should be about have fun! and through that finding someone you want to be in a relationship with!

    love your blog, very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete