Mr. P

Mr. P

Thursday, February 4, 2010

"The Best Ever"

In my Super Bowl Preview I mentioned that I feel Peyton Manning is the best quarterback of all time and since than I have received some questions why. So here is why I feel he is the best ever.

First off he has and will continue to break many NFL career records. Some very important ones include. The most MVP awards with 4 and probably more to come. The most seasons with at least 4,000 yards being 10. He has had more 12 win seasons (8) and 10 win seasons (10) than any other quarterback ever. Some of these show a few attributes that only he has.

He continues to win games with any coach and any set of skill players around him. For him to have 8 seasons of 12 wins or more is simply amazing showing he often wins 3 out of every 4 games he plays.

With this he is known as a coach on the field which can be seen by him winning with any receivers. Reggie Wayne is great but without Peyton I really don't feel that Garcon and Collie would do much of anything. He simply is the best Offensive Coordinator their is and it helps that he is the one on the field. This can be seen by him calling audibles so often and it is what helps him win.

The one other stat that I feel completes his dominance is his TD to Interception Ratio. It is the best ever and really shows he does not turn over the ball. He is the smartest football player to ever play the position.

Others have mentioned Brady because he has 3 rings but I will mention a few other quarterbacks. Montana has 4 and is not really in the talk for best ever. Dan Marino has no rings and is considered a better quarterback than Brady. Ben Rothlesberger has 2 and really should not be mentioned. RINGS ARE GREAT but are NOT what the whole argument should be upon.

Peyton's one downfall is that he has not done the best in the playoffs but I still would consider him to be the best ever. He will get at least one more ring if not more but I don't feel it will be this year as I really feel the Saints will win.

Lastly I did need to research most of these stats but even with that I can just feel how great he is while he is on the field. Even more of a understanding than Brady.

No comments:

Post a Comment